Military Halogen Free Laminate Evaluation
If you are interested in participating in this project:
Members - Go to the "Subscribe Here" section to the right and select the "Subscribe to space" key.
Non Members - Go to the "Contact" section to the right and select the "Contact project facilitator" key.
- Materials used in Electronic Products are getting more and more scrutiny by government agencies around the globe (RoHS, REACH, CA Prop 65 etc)
- Many OEMs are moving selected products to Low-Halogen Materials for a variety of reasons
- Social Responsibility
- Potential Legislation
- NGO pressure
- Requirements for Government Procurements (EPEAT)
- To date numerous Halogen-Free / Low-Halogen projects have been run by various consortia including iNEMI and HDP Users Group focus on the following:
- Consumer Electronics (phones, laptops, desktops etc)
- Pb-free Assembly Reliability
- High Reliability Applications (servers etc)
- High Speed / Low Loss Applications
- To date no one has addressed the reliability requirements for the military / aerospace industry