HDP User Group International, Inc. is a non-profit trade organization incorporated in the State of Arizona, USA. HDP User Group's operates as defined in the Bylaws and the Operational Procedures. HDP User Group also files notices of membership changes with the US Antitrust division of the Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission under the National Cooperative Research and Production Act of 1993. A brief summary of our organization as defined by the two documents is presented below.
* The Bylaws were revised 10 October 2006. This is a major revision incorporating intellectual property rights and other changes to remove provisions no longer necessary. The latest revision was February 24, 2009. A copy of the Bylaws is available for viewing or downloading at the bottom of this page.
* Operating Procedures document, was revised 18 April 2013. A copy of the Operating Procedures is available for viewing or downloading at the bottom of this page.
* Board of Directors - the Board is composed of persons selected by Executive Members, sets the goals, policy, and overall strategy for the organization. The Board of Directors is managed by a chair. The work of the HDP User Group is accomplished by performing "projects". The Board approves or rejects the proposals for projects and approves the completion of projects and the release of the final report to the public, usually six months after completion.
The staff consists of the following:
* The Executive Director is responsible for managing the organization, reporting to the Board.
* The Marketing Director, responsible for providing information about our projects and the benefits of membership to prospective members, assisted by European Marketing.
* Project Facilitators, responsible for assisting the project teams with logistics and moral support.
* The Manager of the European Office is the prime contact for European members, in the same time zone, responsible for communications between those in that area and the rest of the world, and implementing HDP User Group strategies for Europe.
* The Manager of the Far East Office is the prime contact for Far East members, in the same time zone, responsible for communications between those in that area and the rest of the world, and implementing HDP User Group strategies for the far east.
* The Administrator, is responsible for administration, and maintenance of the HDP User Group's communication and internet services.
* The General Manager, is responsible for contracts and financial management of the HDP User Group.
Projects - HDP User Group member companies join together to perform projects that have mutual interest to accomplish our mission. Projects are first proposed by three or more member companies and approved by the Board. Projects are managed by project leaders who organize the team from member companies working on the project, get resources, and make reports to the board and the membership. The work of the projects (describing the project, setting time-lines, temperature testing, researching the topic, and failure analysis) are generally done by the volunteer project team members. If necessary to move the project along and the budget allows, outside services may be purchased with HDP User Group funds to conduct these activities. Projects are open to all member companies, and any member can have several representatives. After a project is completed and approved by the Board, a Report will be available to members.
Member Meetings are held four times a year, open to all members: two times in North America, one time in Asia, and one time in Europe, with additional Virtual Meetings held on the internet as felt needed. The Board approves dates and locations of the Members meetings. HDP User Group and its members have ownership to the information generated by studies and projects. The Board may decide to release information to non-members. The appropriate time for the Board to decide the handling of the information generated is when studies and projects are finished. Release criteria: 100% approval of member participating needed for release to non-members.